Solar led street light controller is applied in solar photovoltaic system. It is called solar charge and discharge controller. It coordinates the work of solar panels, batteries and loads. Make the entire solar photovoltaic system operate efficiently and safely.
Solar street light controllers are mainly used in solar power supply systems such as homes, commercial areas, factories, transportation, pastoral areas, and communications.
As a solar street light controller, it should have the following basic functions:
· Overload protection
· Short circuit protection
· Reverse discharge protection
· Reverse polarity protection
· Lightning protection
· Undervoltage protection
· Overcharge protection
· Load to restore settings
Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
(1) 12 / 24V automatic identification
(2) High-efficiency series PWM charging method extends battery life and improves system performance
(3) Use power MOSFET as electronic switch without any mechanical switch
(4) It has wide applicability and automatically recognizes day / night
(5) LED digital function menu setting and display are concise and easy to use
(6) The timing period of the street light is adjustable from 1 to 15 hours
(7) Unique dual-period control enhances the flexibility of the street light system
(8) Comprehensive waterproof function design, the controller is suitable for harsh environments such as humidity and dust
(9) Three types of sealed lead-acid battery charging procedures
(10) Adopt temperature compensation, automatically adjust the charge and discharge parameters to improve the battery life
(11) The controller has automatic over-temperature, over-charge, over-discharge, overload, and short-circuit protection functions.
(12) Any combination of photocell and battery reverse connection automatic protection function
1.Ensure constant current output
Because the LED itself needs to perform constant current or current limiting through technical means, otherwise it will not work properly. Generally, the method adopted by the LED lamp is to add a driving power supply for the constant current of the LED, but this requires a loss of power, which makes the power consumption of the independent driving power supply more.
2.Control output period
The solar controller can set a time period, and when the set time period is reached, the output current starts to work.
3. Regulation of output power
In the application of solar street lights, the power is adjusted. Adjusting the power can control the brightness of the LED lights, such as 30W in the early morning and 15W in the middle of the night to save energy. This locks the current to meet the lighting requirements at night and saves the overall configuration and budget of the battery and solar panel. Greatly extend the life of LED lights.
One: A controller with low power consumption should be selected. The controller works 24 hours a day. If its own power consumption is large, it will consume some power. It is best to choose a controller with a power consumption of less than 1 mA.
Two: To choose a controller with high charging efficiency, a controller with MCT charging mode can automatically track the maximum current of the battery panel, especially in winter or when there is insufficient light, the MCT charging mode is about 20% more efficient than others.
Three: A controller with two channels of power adjustment should be selected. Controllers with power adjustment have been widely promoted. One or two channels of lighting can be automatically turned off at night when pedestrians are scarce, saving electricity, and power adjustment for LED lights . In addition to selecting the above power saving functions, the controller should also pay attention to the protection function of the battery and other components. For example, a controller with a trickle charging mode can protect the battery well, increase the battery life, and set the controller undervoltage protection. When the value is low, try to adjust the undervoltage protection value to ≥ 11.1V to prevent the battery from over-discharging.