No matter it is on the main road of the city, or on the roads and alleys in the countryside, whether in the factory or in the community, we can always see the figure of solar street lights. It is so widely used in our lives. The more manufacturers of solar street lights It’s not surprising that more and more come together. The mixed fish and dragons are also emerging fields, making it easy for consumers to make difficulties when choosing.
We select from the following three aspects, solar panels, solar battery pools and solar controllers.
1. How to choose a solar controller
In the solar power generation system, the solar controller is a device that controls the solar battery to charge the battery and supply power. It works continuously throughout the day. It is best to control its power consumption below 1mAh to avoid consuming excessive power and affecting power generation efficiency. It is best to have a three-phase charging control mode of strong charge, balanced type and floating charge to ensure power generation efficiency.
The choice of controller is very important:
The choice of controller is often an issue ignored by engineering companies. The quality of the controller varies, and the market price of 12V / 10A controllers ranges from 100-200 yuan. Although it is the smallest part of the entire street light system, It is a very important link. The quality of the controller directly affects the component life of the solar street light system and the use of the entire system.
(1) A solar controller with automatic power reduction should be selected. This controller can automatically reduce the output power of the load according to the remaining capacity of the battery. When the battery capacity is insufficient, the controller reduces the output current. After the battery capacity is restored, the controller restores the original output current to achieve the effect of power saving. This function is very useful.
To select a controller with high charging efficiency, a controller with MCT charging mode can automatically track the maximum current of the battery board to avoid unnecessary charging waste.
Controllers with power adjustment should be selected. Controllers with power adjustment have been widely promoted, which can automatically reduce the working current of LED lights during the rare time of pedestrians at night, saving electricity and saving the configuration of battery panels. proportion.
(4) The controller is waterproof. Most of the controllers are installed on the base of the light pole. Especially in the rainy season, it is easy to enter the water. Therefore, the controller must choose a fully waterproof controller to extend the life of the system and reduce maintenance costs.
(5) In addition to the above power-saving functions, the controller should also pay attention to the protection function of the battery and other components. A controller with a trickle charging mode can protect the battery well, increase the battery life, and set up a controller. When under-voltage protection value, try to adjust the under-voltage protection value to ≥ 11.1V to prevent over-discharge of the battery. Over-charge and over-discharge of the battery will reduce the service life.
2. How to choose solar panel and solar panel maintenance
First of all, we need to determine the photoelectric conversion rate of solar panels (conversion rate = power / area). What is closely related to this parameter is the panel. There are two types of monocrystalline silicon and polycrystalline silicon. Generally speaking, the conversion rate of polycrystalline silicon is usually about 14%. , The highest can only reach 19%, while the conversion rate of single crystal silicon can be as low as 17% and as high as 24%.
In terms of conversion rate alone, it is naturally better to choose solar panels with monocrystalline silicon panels, but the production cost of such panels is higher than that of polycrystalline silicon panels, so the unit price will be more expensive. You can choose according to your needs when choosing; In addition, the formula for the conversion rate is that at the same power, the smaller the panel area, the higher the conversion rate.
A well-maintained solar street light can generally be used for more than 25 years, and if it is not properly maintained, it may have been used for two or three or even one or two years. Solar street light maintenance first talk about the maintenance of solar panels.
1. Stand and structure pay attention to wind protection: The stand is a support structure for solar panels. Because the solar panels are generally installed at the top of solar street lights, it is easy to cause top-heavy weight, and the solar energy is at high altitude, and it is easy to receive the constant impact of wind. If it is tilted or distorted, it may cause insufficient sunlight radiation and damage to the solar panel due to torsion.
2. The dust-proof surface of the solar panel: The solar panel generally has a service life of 25-30 years, but poor maintenance may reduce its life. Solar panels are most afraid of dust, because dust will reduce the rate of sunlight acceptance, resulting in low power generation efficiency. Under normal circumstances, rainwater under natural conditions can help to clean, but for places with less rainfall and heavy wind and dust, you must pay attention to cleaning the dust on solar panels;
3, solar panels pay attention to hail and lightning strikes: Secondly, hail and lightning strikes threaten solar panels. Current solar street lights have anti-lightning functions and can withstand hail strikes in a certain range, but for areas with more thunderstorms or extremes The situation still needs to be checked frequently, and it will still need to be checked after the increasing hailstorm.
3. How to choose a solar battery
Good solar street lights must ensure sufficient lighting time and lighting brightness. To achieve this, the requirements for batteries are naturally not low. Currently, there are mainly two types of lead-acid batteries (gel batteries) and lithium iron phosphate batteries on the market. Traditional lead-acid batteries have stable voltages, are relatively cheap, and are relatively easy to maintain. However, such batteries have low specific energy, short life, and require frequent maintenance.
The rapid development of lithium iron phosphate batteries has obvious advantages in terms of discharge depth and charging time. The applicable temperature is as low as -45 ℃, and the application environment area is more extensive. Its life can reach 7 ~ 8 years, and it is more worry-free to use. In addition, the volume and weight of lithium iron phosphate batteries are smaller than lead-acid batteries. It is the only choice. All the lithium iron phosphate batteries used in solar street lights from Nanlai have a long lighting time and sufficient brightness.
In short, although the solar street light is good, there will always be some fake and shoddy products on the market, which will cause trouble in the use process. When you choose it, you must examine it from various aspects. The configuration of the above three aspects must be the focus.
If you want to learn more about solar street lights, you can search our website www.clodesun.com or contact with the email: [email protected]